New York News
Vigil held for Newtown victims in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- People across the area are coming together to mourn the victims of Newtown tragedy.
In Sunnyside, Queens Tuesday night there was a candlelight vigil for everyone affected.
One victim, little Benjamin Wheeler, once lived in the neighborhood.
Principal Dawn Hochsprung's step-sister still lives there.
She said her grieving is eased somewhat by knowing so many heroes saved so many lives.
Police say Dawn Hochsprung died while trying to protect students and she reportedly turned on the PA system when the shooting started as a warning.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, newtown school shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 12 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos