New York News
Heavy wind causes scaffold collapses in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A scaffold collapsed into the street from a building under construction in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
The scaffold broke away from a four-story building under construction and onto Con Edison overhead electrical wires.
Two cars were damaged by the scaffolding.
Nearby residents were also believed to have lost power.
47 Street was closed to traffic between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue.
A five-story scaffolding also collapsed just before 3 a.m. Friday on Bay Parkway and West 12th in the Bensonhurst section.
The scaffolding knocked down a street light and came to a rest ona car and truck parked on the other side of the street.
No injuries were reported. Wind gusts reached approximately 45 miles per hour at the the time of the collapse.
The B6 Bus route was diverted due to the collapse.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sunset park, new york news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 18 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 41 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits New York Area 18 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
18 min ago