New York News
Woman attacked in elevator in Bronx building
MORRISANIA (WABC) -- Police have released video of a violent attack in which a woman was beaten and robbed after the suspect followed her onto an elevator.
"And he punched my eye," said Carmine Nieves, robbery victim.
Carmine Neives' eye is now swollen and badly bruised, after she was attacked and viciously beaten by a much younger thug in the elevator of her own building on Thursday.
"Did he say anything to you?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Yes, but I can't remember" Nieves said.
The suspect, a young black man 17 to 20 years old first gained entry into the lobby of the building in the Morris Houses.
He paced, and then was seen following Carmine into the elevator and selecting the floor right below hers.
He got out and apparently ran up stairs to Carmine's surprise.
"And come to the elevator and attacked me. He put the hand over the mouth and punched me and throw me onto the floor," Nieves said.
The suspect first grabbed Carmine by the hair and the throat, and pushed her back into the elevator.
Then, he violently threw her to the floor and began to punch her.
She took a vicious beating even as he reached back several times to keep the elevator door from closing.
He then finally started grabbing her jewelry and her money.
Several tenants in the building say the suspect did not look familiar to them.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, tremont, crime, robbery, surveillance video, new york news, tim fleischer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 18 min ago
- Man arrested in unprovoked Brooklyn subway platform assault 7 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos