New York News
2 dead in separate hit and runs in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a pair of drivers involved in two separate fatal hit and runs in Queens.
A 30-year-old woman was struck by a car while crossing in front of 147-05 111th Avenue in Jamaica around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday.
A white vehicle, westbound on 111th Avenue, hit the woman and fled the scene. The woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Earlier, a 38-year-old nurse was killed by a hit-and-run driver after she went shopping in Floral Park.
Police say Sheena Mathew was fatally struck while crossing Hillside Avenue just before 6 p.m. The mother of two was a registered nurse who worked at New York Hospital Queens.
She was pronounced dead at North Shore University Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jamaica, floral park, hit and run accident, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 42 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos