New York News
2 dead in separate hit and runs in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- Police are searching for a pair of drivers involved in two separate fatal hit and runs in Queens.
A 30-year-old woman was struck by a car while crossing in front of 147-05 111th Avenue in Jamaica around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday.
A white vehicle, westbound on 111th Avenue, hit the woman and fled the scene. The woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Earlier, a 38-year-old nurse was killed by a hit-and-run driver after she went shopping in Floral Park.
Police say Sheena Mathew was fatally struck while crossing Hillside Avenue just before 6 p.m. The mother of two was a registered nurse who worked at New York Hospital Queens.
She was pronounced dead at North Shore University Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jamaica, floral park, hit and run accident, new york news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting 58 min ago
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma 54 min ago
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards 35 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 21 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers