New York News
Sketch released of Lower East Side assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released a sketch of the man who is wanted in connection with an assault on a female jogger in East River Park on the Lower East Side.
The 41-year-old woman was jogging at 11:40 a.m. when she was allegedly jumped by the suspect, who threw her to the ground.
Police say he attempted to rip off her jogging pants, and she started screaming.
She pushed the suspect off of her and he fled.
The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where she is being treated.
The suspects was described as a man in his late teens, with a stocky build and facial hair, wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt and green pants.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 44 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos