New York News
Sketch released of Lower East Side assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released a sketch of the man who is wanted in connection with an assault on a female jogger in East River Park on the Lower East Side.
The 41-year-old woman was jogging at 11:40 a.m. when she was allegedly jumped by the suspect, who threw her to the ground.
Police say he attempted to rip off her jogging pants, and she started screaming.
She pushed the suspect off of her and he fled.
The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where she is being treated.
The suspects was described as a man in his late teens, with a stocky build and facial hair, wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt and green pants.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 25 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 39 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 13 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 54 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos