New York News
Sketch released of Lower East Side assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released a sketch of the man who is wanted in connection with an assault on a female jogger in East River Park on the Lower East Side.
The 41-year-old woman was jogging at 11:40 a.m. when she was allegedly jumped by the suspect, who threw her to the ground.
Police say he attempted to rip off her jogging pants, and she started screaming.
She pushed the suspect off of her and he fled.
The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where she is being treated.
The suspects was described as a man in his late teens, with a stocky build and facial hair, wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt and green pants.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 26 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination