New York News
Sketch released of Lower East Side assault suspect
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released a sketch of the man who is wanted in connection with an assault on a female jogger in East River Park on the Lower East Side.
The 41-year-old woman was jogging at 11:40 a.m. when she was allegedly jumped by the suspect, who threw her to the ground.
Police say he attempted to rip off her jogging pants, and she started screaming.
She pushed the suspect off of her and he fled.
The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where she is being treated.
The suspects was described as a man in his late teens, with a stocky build and facial hair, wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt and green pants.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide