New York News
Child finds gun in donated Christmas toys
HARLEM (WABC) -- 42-year-old foster Mom Sheba Anderson has her heart square in the right place. She gives her five children what she never had.
"I don't have a Mom - just my Dad," said Anderson.
Like any mother, Anderson was shaken to the core when on Christmas morning, an 8-year old girl in her care opened up a donated teddy bear - with a black revolver also inside the box.
"She thought it was a toy," added Anderson.
Anderson said the gift was already wrapped when she got it the Thursday before Christmas during a toy giveaway hosted by the private non-profit foster care agency contracted by the Administration for Children's Services.
In a written statement, ACS said, "The Administration for Children's Services, along with the NYPD and our foster care agency are investigating how and why an inoperable weapon was discovered in a foster home."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, gun, christmas, new york news, darla miles
- 4 arrested in deadly mall carjacking 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos