New York News
2 armed robbers terrorize Queens shopkeepers
HOLLIS (WABC) -- Cops say two men have been very busy this holiday season from terrorizing six Queens shopkeepers.
On December 5th, Nisha Sharvo was minding her business behind the back pharmacy counter of Quick Script Drugs in Hollis, when on her security monitors she watched the men hold up the front counter and order staff and customers to the floor while robbing them - all before making a beeline for Sharvo.
"He was screaming in my face 'where is the money?' We gave him what he wanted, he left," said Sharvo.
You don't even have to walk into the drug store to see that it's a high security operation, but that didn't stop these two thugs from putting on masks and bursting through the front door, where they were immediately caught on tape by nearly a dozen different cameras. Still, they continued a reign of terror throughout the store.
Quick Stop was just their second target. Since then, they have hit four more drug stores and small groceries throughout Southern Queens, getting away with cash from each of them.
"I walk around so scared, so devastated," says Sharvo, "Every person who walks through the door, I'm like 'oh my God, everybody's a suspect' - I just don't trust anyone anymore. It's just no way to live.
In Sharvo's case, police took the video the day of the robbery, but only three weeks and four robberies later have they released grainy images in hopes that people may recognize the suspects. While the suspects may have not hurt anyone yet, police want to stop them before they do.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hollis, robbery, new york news, josh einiger
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 52 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 23 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 25 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 56 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
23 min ago