New York News
Young boy hit and killed by truck in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy was killed in a crosswalk by a truck in Queens Friday morning, but police say no criminality was involved.
Surveillance video shows the 11-year-old boy, Miguel Torres buying some pop tarts and a soda from a corner store around 8:42 Friday morning.
He leaves the store and stands on the street for a few seconds.
He disappears out of frame and then just a short time later you can see a white dump truck in the upper left hand corner go driving by.
Police say that was the truck which had just hit and killed the little boy.
Police say the truck driver had just taken a right from 80th street onto Northern Boulevard when he hit the boy. The driver was found in Brooklyn. Police had said earlier in the day that the driver might not have even known he struck the child.
Jennifer Dinzey had crossed the street just two minutes earlier with her toddler daughter.
" I'm sad I cried I went home and I cried for a while since I have a child myself you know," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child killed, queens, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen