New York News
Young boy hit and killed by truck in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy was killed in a crosswalk by a truck in Queens Friday morning, but police say no criminality was involved.
Surveillance video shows the 11-year-old boy, Miguel Torres buying some pop tarts and a soda from a corner store around 8:42 Friday morning.
He leaves the store and stands on the street for a few seconds.
He disappears out of frame and then just a short time later you can see a white dump truck in the upper left hand corner go driving by.
Police say that was the truck which had just hit and killed the little boy.
Police say the truck driver had just taken a right from 80th street onto Northern Boulevard when he hit the boy. The driver was found in Brooklyn. Police had said earlier in the day that the driver might not have even known he struck the child.
Jennifer Dinzey had crossed the street just two minutes earlier with her toddler daughter.
" I'm sad I cried I went home and I cried for a while since I have a child myself you know," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child killed, queens, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 5 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 2 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos