New York News
Young boy hit and killed by truck in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 11-year-old boy was killed in a crosswalk by a truck in Queens Friday morning, but police say no criminality was involved.
Surveillance video shows the 11-year-old boy, Miguel Torres buying some pop tarts and a soda from a corner store around 8:42 Friday morning.
He leaves the store and stands on the street for a few seconds.
He disappears out of frame and then just a short time later you can see a white dump truck in the upper left hand corner go driving by.
Police say that was the truck which had just hit and killed the little boy.
Police say the truck driver had just taken a right from 80th street onto Northern Boulevard when he hit the boy. The driver was found in Brooklyn. Police had said earlier in the day that the driver might not have even known he struck the child.
Jennifer Dinzey had crossed the street just two minutes earlier with her toddler daughter.
" I'm sad I cried I went home and I cried for a while since I have a child myself you know," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child killed, queens, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos