New York News
Woman found dead in Flushing lake
FLUSHING (WABC) -- Police say a woman whose body was pulled from a lake in Queens was likely an accidental drowning victim.
At about 7:45 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the vicinity of 164th Street and Booth Memorial Avenue.
The body of the 63-year-old woman was pulled from Kissena Park in Kissena Lake.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/ZLAMYM ) that her body was found under a thin sheet of ice near the edge of a jogging path.
A cane was also pulled from the lake's icy waters.
Police tell the Daily News that the woman's body had no signs of trauma and they believe she accidentally fell into the lake and drowned.
Her identity was not immediately released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, body found, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos