New York News
Woman found dead in Flushing lake
FLUSHING (WABC) -- Police say a woman whose body was pulled from a lake in Queens was likely an accidental drowning victim.
At about 7:45 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the vicinity of 164th Street and Booth Memorial Avenue.
The body of the 63-year-old woman was pulled from Kissena Park in Kissena Lake.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/ZLAMYM ) that her body was found under a thin sheet of ice near the edge of a jogging path.
A cane was also pulled from the lake's icy waters.
Police tell the Daily News that the woman's body had no signs of trauma and they believe she accidentally fell into the lake and drowned.
Her identity was not immediately released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, body found, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 5 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 7 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 21 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos