New York News
Woman found dead in Flushing lake
FLUSHING (WABC) -- Police say a woman whose body was pulled from a lake in Queens was likely an accidental drowning victim.
At about 7:45 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the vicinity of 164th Street and Booth Memorial Avenue.
The body of the 63-year-old woman was pulled from Kissena Park in Kissena Lake.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/ZLAMYM ) that her body was found under a thin sheet of ice near the edge of a jogging path.
A cane was also pulled from the lake's icy waters.
Police tell the Daily News that the woman's body had no signs of trauma and they believe she accidentally fell into the lake and drowned.
Her identity was not immediately released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, body found, new york news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
7 min ago