New York News
Woman found dead in Flushing lake
FLUSHING (WABC) -- Police say a woman whose body was pulled from a lake in Queens was likely an accidental drowning victim.
At about 7:45 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the vicinity of 164th Street and Booth Memorial Avenue.
The body of the 63-year-old woman was pulled from Kissena Park in Kissena Lake.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/ZLAMYM ) that her body was found under a thin sheet of ice near the edge of a jogging path.
A cane was also pulled from the lake's icy waters.
Police tell the Daily News that the woman's body had no signs of trauma and they believe she accidentally fell into the lake and drowned.
Her identity was not immediately released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, body found, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 35 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 23 min ago
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn 30 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting 40 min ago
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
- Former South African President Nelson...
34 min ago
- Local dignitaries react to the passing of...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
13 min ago
- New Yorkers share thoughts on Nelson...
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos