New York News
3 Greenwich Village buildings evacuated in explosives scare
NEW YORK -- Three buildings in Greenwich Village were evacuated after a police arrest squad found something that looked like explosive powder in an apartment.
A police spokesman says the department's warrant squad went to the home to look for a woman Saturday morning and spotted the white substance in an ashtray. It was removed to a police firing range for analysis.
Police say investigators also found a shotgun and two magazine clips for handguns.
Two people are in custody, including the woman and a male companion.
The buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, bomb scare, evacuation, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos