New York News
3 Greenwich Village buildings evacuated in explosives scare
NEW YORK -- Three buildings in Greenwich Village were evacuated after a police arrest squad found something that looked like explosive powder in an apartment.
A police spokesman says the department's warrant squad went to the home to look for a woman Saturday morning and spotted the white substance in an ashtray. It was removed to a police firing range for analysis.
Police say investigators also found a shotgun and two magazine clips for handguns.
Two people are in custody, including the woman and a male companion.
The buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, bomb scare, evacuation, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
24 min ago