New York News
3 Greenwich Village buildings evacuated in explosives scare
NEW YORK -- Three buildings in Greenwich Village were evacuated after a police arrest squad found something that looked like explosive powder in an apartment.
A police spokesman says the department's warrant squad went to the home to look for a woman Saturday morning and spotted the white substance in an ashtray. It was removed to a police firing range for analysis.
Police say investigators also found a shotgun and two magazine clips for handguns.
Two people are in custody, including the woman and a male companion.
The buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, bomb scare, evacuation, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos