New York News
3-year-old boy missing in Queens found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have found a 3-year-old boy who went missing in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
3-year-old Makoto Maki was found near Flushing Meadows Park, close to where he disappeared, just before midnight on Monday.
Police say he wandered away from his parents while they took pictures.
Maki was visiting New York City with his parents from Massachusetts.
Police at the scene say the boy's parents got out of their van in Flushing Meadows Corona Park to take a picture of the Unisphere. When they returned, the boy was gone.
Police and K-9 units had been looking for the boy since 5 p.m. Monday, when he was reported missing.
The boy was not hurt, but was examined by doctors as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, missing children, missing person, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released 38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 41 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 15 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos