New York News
3-year-old boy missing in Queens found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have found a 3-year-old boy who went missing in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
3-year-old Makoto Maki was found near Flushing Meadows Park, close to where he disappeared, just before midnight on Monday.
Police say he wandered away from his parents while they took pictures.
Maki was visiting New York City with his parents from Massachusetts.
Police at the scene say the boy's parents got out of their van in Flushing Meadows Corona Park to take a picture of the Unisphere. When they returned, the boy was gone.
Police and K-9 units had been looking for the boy since 5 p.m. Monday, when he was reported missing.
The boy was not hurt, but was examined by doctors as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, missing children, missing person, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 4 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 1 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos