New York News
3-year-old boy missing in Queens found
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have found a 3-year-old boy who went missing in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
3-year-old Makoto Maki was found near Flushing Meadows Park, close to where he disappeared, just before midnight on Monday.
Police say he wandered away from his parents while they took pictures.
Maki was visiting New York City with his parents from Massachusetts.
Police at the scene say the boy's parents got out of their van in Flushing Meadows Corona Park to take a picture of the Unisphere. When they returned, the boy was gone.
Police and K-9 units had been looking for the boy since 5 p.m. Monday, when he was reported missing.
The boy was not hurt, but was examined by doctors as a precaution.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, missing children, missing person, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 57 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 59 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos