New York News
Man critical after police-involved shooting in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man wounded during a police-involved shooting in Brooklyn Wednesday remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Investigators say 40-year-old Keary Green lunged at officers with a pair of scissors in a Fort Greene apartment building after he apparently tried to attack his girlfriend.
Green, who's being described as emotionally disturbed, was staying with the girlfriend when investigators say he tried to throw her to the ground.
She called police, and responding officers encountered the suspect.
Green was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he underwent surgery for three gunshot wounds. He is expected to survive.
No officers were injured. However, the officer involved in the shooting was taken to Methodist Hospital for trauma.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fort greene, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees