New York News
Man critical after police-involved shooting in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man wounded during a police-involved shooting in Brooklyn Wednesday remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Investigators say 40-year-old Keary Green lunged at officers with a pair of scissors in a Fort Greene apartment building after he apparently tried to attack his girlfriend.
Green, who's being described as emotionally disturbed, was staying with the girlfriend when investigators say he tried to throw her to the ground.
She called police, and responding officers encountered the suspect.
Green was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he underwent surgery for three gunshot wounds. He is expected to survive.
No officers were injured. However, the officer involved in the shooting was taken to Methodist Hospital for trauma.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fort greene, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013