New York News
Man critical after police-involved shooting in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man wounded during a police-involved shooting in Brooklyn Wednesday remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Investigators say 40-year-old Keary Green lunged at officers with a pair of scissors in a Fort Greene apartment building after he apparently tried to attack his girlfriend.
Green, who's being described as emotionally disturbed, was staying with the girlfriend when investigators say he tried to throw her to the ground.
She called police, and responding officers encountered the suspect.
Green was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he underwent surgery for three gunshot wounds. He is expected to survive.
No officers were injured. However, the officer involved in the shooting was taken to Methodist Hospital for trauma.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fort greene, brooklyn, police shooting, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 31 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 29 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 39 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 40 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale