New York News
Straphangers praise NYC transit's Sandy rebound
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Straphangers Campaign says Superstorm Sandy brought out both the worst and the best in New York City transit last year.
The advocacy group says the storm tops its 2012 "best" list because transit rebounded so quickly that New Yorkers considered it a "near miracle."
Sandy also heads the "worst" list. Many parts of the subways were flooded and the MTA suffered $5 billion in damage.
The year's "best" and "worst" transit top 10 lists are available on the group's web site.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 15 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
10 min ago