New York News
Straphangers praise NYC transit's Sandy rebound
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Straphangers Campaign says Superstorm Sandy brought out both the worst and the best in New York City transit last year.
The advocacy group says the storm tops its 2012 "best" list because transit rebounded so quickly that New Yorkers considered it a "near miracle."
Sandy also heads the "worst" list. Many parts of the subways were flooded and the MTA suffered $5 billion in damage.
The year's "best" and "worst" transit top 10 lists are available on the group's web site.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse