New York News
Straphangers praise NYC transit's Sandy rebound
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Straphangers Campaign says Superstorm Sandy brought out both the worst and the best in New York City transit last year.
The advocacy group says the storm tops its 2012 "best" list because transit rebounded so quickly that New Yorkers considered it a "near miracle."
Sandy also heads the "worst" list. Many parts of the subways were flooded and the MTA suffered $5 billion in damage.
The year's "best" and "worst" transit top 10 lists are available on the group's web site.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 36 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 40 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 29 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos