New York News
Straphangers praise NYC transit's Sandy rebound
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Straphangers Campaign says Superstorm Sandy brought out both the worst and the best in New York City transit last year.
The advocacy group says the storm tops its 2012 "best" list because transit rebounded so quickly that New Yorkers considered it a "near miracle."
Sandy also heads the "worst" list. Many parts of the subways were flooded and the MTA suffered $5 billion in damage.
The year's "best" and "worst" transit top 10 lists are available on the group's web site.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos