New York News
3-alarm fire tears through home in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A third-alarm fire is burning through a home in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
The fire broke out in the basement of the 42nd Street home and quickly spread through the roof.
Five injuries were reported, with four of them being firefighters who were treated for non-life threatening injuries at Maimonides Medical Center. One resident, a woman, was taken to New York Methodist Hospital and was expected to survive.
The fire destroyed the three-family home and left 17 residents, including three children, homeless. The Red Cross is working to find temporary housing.
Firefighters were hampered by debris inside the home.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, fire, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 13 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 31 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 54 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 1 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
31 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos