New York News
3-alarm fire tears through home in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A third-alarm fire is burning through a home in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn Friday morning.
The fire broke out in the basement of the 42nd Street home and quickly spread through the roof.
Five injuries were reported, with four of them being firefighters who were treated for non-life threatening injuries at Maimonides Medical Center. One resident, a woman, was taken to New York Methodist Hospital and was expected to survive.
The fire destroyed the three-family home and left 17 residents, including three children, homeless. The Red Cross is working to find temporary housing.
Firefighters were hampered by debris inside the home.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, fire, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania 51 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 45 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239...
52 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in...
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
37 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos