New York News
Girl battling rare disorder makes Broadway debut
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was an inspirational Broadway debut Friday night for an 11-year-old girl battling a life-threatening illness.
11-year-old Ellie White took center stage in "Elf the Musical".
She suffers from Wolfram's Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder.
Ellie, who performed in an ensemble role, flew from her home in Colorado to live out her dream to be on Broadway.
But her main mission is to spread awareness about her disorder.
The average life expectancy for Wolfram's Syndrome is 30 years.
There is no cure.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, broadway, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey