New York News
Musician tricks thief using dating iPhone app
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City musician used a combination of technology, seduction, a hammer and a bribe to reclaim his missing iPhone from a confused crook.
Jazz trombonist Nadav Nirenberg says he left the phone in a livery cab on New Year's Eve. The next morning, the 27-year-old learned via email that someone was sending messages to women using a dating app on the phone.
Nirenberg logged on to the service and offered the man a date - posing as a woman. He even posted a picture of a pretty girl.
When the culprit arrived at Nirenberg's Brooklyn apartment building with wine, the musician greeted him with a $20 bill while holding a hammer - just in case.
The thief handed him the iPhone and left without a word.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 43 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 36 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski 46 min ago
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 4 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos