New York News
2 women critical after carbon monoxide incident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two women were critical after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning during an apparent boiler leak in a home in Queens.
The women, one in her 20s and one in her 50s, were pulled from the house on 114th Street in Ozone Park just before 8 a.m. Monday.
They were listed in critical condition at Jamaica Medical Center, where they were being treated in the hyperbaric chamber.
Carbon monoxide readings were as high as 500 parts per million when firefighters arrived at the house. They were able to quickly vent the house, and the levels dropped to normal.
A faulty boiler is believe to have caused the leak.
Fire officials said there were no carbon monoxide alarms in the house.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ozone park, queens, carbon monoxide, new york news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window 34 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria 56 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos