New York News
2 women critical after carbon monoxide incident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two women were critical after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning during an apparent boiler leak in a home in Queens.
The women, one in her 20s and one in her 50s, were pulled from the house on 114th Street in Ozone Park just before 8 a.m. Monday.
They were listed in critical condition at Jamaica Medical Center, where they were being treated in the hyperbaric chamber.
Carbon monoxide readings were as high as 500 parts per million when firefighters arrived at the house. They were able to quickly vent the house, and the levels dropped to normal.
A faulty boiler is believe to have caused the leak.
Fire officials said there were no carbon monoxide alarms in the house.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ozone park, queens, carbon monoxide, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 19 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 27 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 13 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos