New York News
More inflammatory ads go up in 39 subway stations
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Another set of inflammatory ads have gone up in 39 New York City subway stations, paid for by the same group that posted ads equating Muslims or Palestinians with savages last year.
The American Freedom Defense Initiative purchased space next to 228 clocks in 39 stations for the ads, which have an image of the twin towers burning and a quote attributed to the Quran saying: "Soon shall we cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers."
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority said the ads went up Monday and will run for a month.
The group's earlier ads were displayed in 10 stations in September.
The agency has also sold space to groups that disagree with those messages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway, muslims, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 54 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 57 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
59 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
42 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos