New York News
Dog in murder stolen from shelter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A dog that witnessed a murder in New York City has been stolen from a shelter in Ohio.
The dog known as "Bones" was taken over the weekend.
He was sent to Toledo to be rehabilitated after his owner was charged with killing his roommate on the Upper East Side back in October of 2011.
Police first thought the dog was involved because he was covered in blood.
The shelter has 15 other dogs, but Bones was the only one taken.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, dog, murder, theft, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash