New York News
Dog in murder stolen from shelter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A dog that witnessed a murder in New York City has been stolen from a shelter in Ohio.
The dog known as "Bones" was taken over the weekend.
He was sent to Toledo to be rehabilitated after his owner was charged with killing his roommate on the Upper East Side back in October of 2011.
Police first thought the dog was involved because he was covered in blood.
The shelter has 15 other dogs, but Bones was the only one taken.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, dog, murder, theft, new york news
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 17 min ago
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Tree trouble in Dumont
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs 47 min ago
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos