New York News
Dog in murder stolen from shelter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A dog that witnessed a murder in New York City has been stolen from a shelter in Ohio.
The dog known as "Bones" was taken over the weekend.
He was sent to Toledo to be rehabilitated after his owner was charged with killing his roommate on the Upper East Side back in October of 2011.
Police first thought the dog was involved because he was covered in blood.
The shelter has 15 other dogs, but Bones was the only one taken.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, dog, murder, theft, new york news
- Snow alert issued for New York City 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 42 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and run 53 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
23 min ago
- Police hunt driver in deadly Queens hit and...
53 min ago