New York News
Burned body ID'd as missing Brooklyn girl, 14
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A Brooklyn family is looking for answers after a body found on a beach was identified as a 14-year-old high school freshman.
Shaniesha Forbes, of East Flatbush, was last seen on Friday.
On Sunday, a passerby discovered her naked, burned and partially buried body in the sand in Gravesend.
"She didn't deserve this," sister Shanah Forbes said.
Shanah, 21, was the oldest of four girls. Now, she is the oldest of three girls.
The Forbes family is destroyed by the brutal discovery and could only beg for help, hoping someone will explain how or why such a thing could take place.
Shaniesha was the third of the four girls and a student at the Academy for Young Writers High School in East New York. Her mother was too heartbroken to speak, but Shanah said the family is determined to find out what happened.
The cause of death has not yet been determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, missing children, missing person, body found, new york news, lucy yang
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos