New York News
Burned body ID'd as missing Brooklyn girl, 14
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A Brooklyn family is looking for answers after a body found on a beach was identified as a 14-year-old high school freshman.
Shaniesha Forbes, of East Flatbush, was last seen on Friday.
On Sunday, a passerby discovered her naked, burned and partially buried body in the sand in Gravesend.
"She didn't deserve this," sister Shanah Forbes said.
Shanah, 21, was the oldest of four girls. Now, she is the oldest of three girls.
The Forbes family is destroyed by the brutal discovery and could only beg for help, hoping someone will explain how or why such a thing could take place.
Shaniesha was the third of the four girls and a student at the Academy for Young Writers High School in East New York. Her mother was too heartbroken to speak, but Shanah said the family is determined to find out what happened.
The cause of death has not yet been determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, missing children, missing person, body found, new york news, lucy yang
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 15 min ago
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos