New York News
Burned body ID'd as missing Brooklyn girl, 14
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A Brooklyn family is looking for answers after a body found on a beach was identified as a 14-year-old high school freshman.
Shaniesha Forbes, of East Flatbush, was last seen on Friday.
On Sunday, a passerby discovered her naked, burned and partially buried body in the sand in Gravesend.
"She didn't deserve this," sister Shanah Forbes said.
Shanah, 21, was the oldest of four girls. Now, she is the oldest of three girls.
The Forbes family is destroyed by the brutal discovery and could only beg for help, hoping someone will explain how or why such a thing could take place.
Shaniesha was the third of the four girls and a student at the Academy for Young Writers High School in East New York. Her mother was too heartbroken to speak, but Shanah said the family is determined to find out what happened.
The cause of death has not yet been determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, missing children, missing person, body found, new york news, lucy yang
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 25 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 34 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 42 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
21 min ago