New York News
Long Island travel agent beaten to death
PARK SLOPE (WABC) -- Police are investigating an apparent robbery that turned into a deadly assault in Brooklyn Wednesday night.
Esmeralda Morales is desperate to know who murdered her 67 year-old husband, Jesse Morales. She's urging witnesses to come forward.
Morales left his office shortly after 7 o'clock Thursday night walking to his car just two blocks away when he was beaten, robbed and left to die.
The incident happened on 18th Street in Park Slope around 7:30 p.m.
One witness, who asked not to be identified, said the suspect was dressed entirely in black and wore a mask.
Investigators have found several eyewitnesses. They believe Morales was the random victim of a robbery.
"We believe it to be a robbery because the victim's wallet was taken and his watch was taken as well," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Morales was a fixture in Park Slope for 25 years, helping neighbors with everything from travel plans to tax returns.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island, merrick, brooklyn, park slope, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 27 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos