New York News
Long Island travel agent beaten to death
PARK SLOPE (WABC) -- Police are investigating an apparent robbery that turned into a deadly assault in Brooklyn Wednesday night.
Esmeralda Morales is desperate to know who murdered her 67 year-old husband, Jesse Morales. She's urging witnesses to come forward.
Morales left his office shortly after 7 o'clock Thursday night walking to his car just two blocks away when he was beaten, robbed and left to die.
The incident happened on 18th Street in Park Slope around 7:30 p.m.
One witness, who asked not to be identified, said the suspect was dressed entirely in black and wore a mask.
Investigators have found several eyewitnesses. They believe Morales was the random victim of a robbery.
"We believe it to be a robbery because the victim's wallet was taken and his watch was taken as well," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Morales was a fixture in Park Slope for 25 years, helping neighbors with everything from travel plans to tax returns.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island, merrick, brooklyn, park slope, new york news, n.j. burkett
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 19 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 20 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos