New York News
NYPD: Cop-impersonating gang members arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Drug enforcement agents have busted a ring of thieves who allegedly passed themselves off as cops as they robbed drug dealers.
The suspects, believed to be connected to the Latin Kings gang, reportedly had their own police car, with flashing lights and a James Bond-like switch for hiding the license plate.
The 16 alleged gang members were arrested this week in the Bronx.
The real police also hauled in the gang's load of guns, fake badges and body armor.
The DEA is also investigating if a New Jersey cop is tied to the arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, police impersonation, gang violence, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 3 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 39 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
52 min ago