New York News
NYPD: Cop-impersonating gang members arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Drug enforcement agents have busted a ring of thieves who allegedly passed themselves off as cops as they robbed drug dealers.
The suspects, believed to be connected to the Latin Kings gang, reportedly had their own police car, with flashing lights and a James Bond-like switch for hiding the license plate.
The 16 alleged gang members were arrested this week in the Bronx.
The real police also hauled in the gang's load of guns, fake badges and body armor.
The DEA is also investigating if a New Jersey cop is tied to the arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, police impersonation, gang violence, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos