New York News
NYPD: Cop-impersonating gang members arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Drug enforcement agents have busted a ring of thieves who allegedly passed themselves off as cops as they robbed drug dealers.
The suspects, believed to be connected to the Latin Kings gang, reportedly had their own police car, with flashing lights and a James Bond-like switch for hiding the license plate.
The 16 alleged gang members were arrested this week in the Bronx.
The real police also hauled in the gang's load of guns, fake badges and body armor.
The DEA is also investigating if a New Jersey cop is tied to the arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, police impersonation, gang violence, new york news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man dies in scuffle with police outside Bronx bodega 48 min ago
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt 6 min ago
- 3 slashed during disupte in Morningside Heights 35 min ago
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos