New York News
NYPD: Cop-impersonating gang members arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Drug enforcement agents have busted a ring of thieves who allegedly passed themselves off as cops as they robbed drug dealers.
The suspects, believed to be connected to the Latin Kings gang, reportedly had their own police car, with flashing lights and a James Bond-like switch for hiding the license plate.
The 16 alleged gang members were arrested this week in the Bronx.
The real police also hauled in the gang's load of guns, fake badges and body armor.
The DEA is also investigating if a New Jersey cop is tied to the arrests.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, police impersonation, gang violence, new york news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 9 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 19 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 49 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 32 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos