New York News
Suspect charged with murder and arson in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in the death of a Bronx man found stabbed inside his burning apartment.
Leo Huggins has been charged with murder and arson in the death of Gregory Evans in the Tremont section.
Friends say Evans was known for hosting gatherings at his apartment.
The 48-year old suspect was apparently new to their group and was hanging out with them on Friday night.
That's when police say a disagreement broke out, ending with Evans stabbed in the neck and set on fire.
Hudson, of the Bronx, was arrested nearby near Fordham Road and Webster Avenue.
"He took a good man's life," said the victim's friend, Ronetta Cooper.
Evans is described as extremely giving and affectionately referred to as an "uncle" by many of his friends.
"My uncle is not a bad person - a sweetheart," said Edmondson.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, fire death, new york news, darla miles
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 10 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 8 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
17 min ago