New York News
Suspect charged with murder and arson in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in the death of a Bronx man found stabbed inside his burning apartment.
Leo Huggins has been charged with murder and arson in the death of Gregory Evans in the Tremont section.
Friends say Evans was known for hosting gatherings at his apartment.
The 48-year old suspect was apparently new to their group and was hanging out with them on Friday night.
That's when police say a disagreement broke out, ending with Evans stabbed in the neck and set on fire.
Hudson, of the Bronx, was arrested nearby near Fordham Road and Webster Avenue.
"He took a good man's life," said the victim's friend, Ronetta Cooper.
Evans is described as extremely giving and affectionately referred to as an "uncle" by many of his friends.
"My uncle is not a bad person - a sweetheart," said Edmondson.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, fire death, new york news, darla miles
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 20 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station 28 min ago
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 26 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos