New York News
Suspect charged with murder and arson in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in the death of a Bronx man found stabbed inside his burning apartment.
Leo Huggins has been charged with murder and arson in the death of Gregory Evans in the Tremont section.
Friends say Evans was known for hosting gatherings at his apartment.
The 48-year old suspect was apparently new to their group and was hanging out with them on Friday night.
That's when police say a disagreement broke out, ending with Evans stabbed in the neck and set on fire.
Hudson, of the Bronx, was arrested nearby near Fordham Road and Webster Avenue.
"He took a good man's life," said the victim's friend, Ronetta Cooper.
Evans is described as extremely giving and affectionately referred to as an "uncle" by many of his friends.
"My uncle is not a bad person - a sweetheart," said Edmondson.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, fire death, new york news, darla miles
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 56 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 48 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 48 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in...
56 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos