New York News
Video released in Harlem Pay-O-Matic robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who robbed a check cashing shop in Harlem and then threatened to burn the place down.
Now, authorities are hoping surveillance video of the suspect will lead to his capture.
The man walked up to the window in the Pay-O-Matic around 1:45 a.m. on Christmas Eve.
Investigators say the man spilled a cup of flammable liquid under the window and demanded money while holding a lighter.
The clerk gave the man a bag of cash, and the suspect then fled the scene.
The suspect is described as being in his 40s, standing about 5-foot-9 and weighing around 150 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, robbery, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 26 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 15 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
55 min ago