New York News
Video released in Harlem Pay-O-Matic robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who robbed a check cashing shop in Harlem and then threatened to burn the place down.
Now, authorities are hoping surveillance video of the suspect will lead to his capture.
The man walked up to the window in the Pay-O-Matic around 1:45 a.m. on Christmas Eve.
Investigators say the man spilled a cup of flammable liquid under the window and demanded money while holding a lighter.
The clerk gave the man a bag of cash, and the suspect then fled the scene.
The suspect is described as being in his 40s, standing about 5-foot-9 and weighing around 150 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, robbery, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos