New York News
1 dead in overnight fire in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators are searching for the cause of a deadly fire in Queens.
About 60 firefighters responded to calls of a residential fire at about 1 a.m. Saturday, on 120th Street in South Richmond Hill.
A detached garage in back of a vacant residence was engulfed in flames.
After the fire was extinguished, an unidentified body was found inside with severe burns.
The identity of the victim has not yet been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, fire, fire death, queens, new york news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 53 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 35 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 33 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
11 min ago