New York News
Taxi driver killed in five-car crash in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A taxi driver was killed and another person injured in a five-car crash early Sunday morning on Manhattan's East Side.
The victim has been identified as 35-year old Mir Hoosain of Queens.
Police say he was standing in front of his cab when it was struck from behind by a Nissan Pathfinder heading east on 26th Street at about 2 a.m.
The impact was so strong it also caused the cab to hit three other parked cars.
26th Street remains blocked off between Lexington and 3rd Avenue.
Police have ruled out alcohol as a factor in the accident.
They believe the driver may have accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake.
One person in one of the parked cars was injured, and is in stable condition.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east side, accident, cab drivers, new york news, darla miles
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 3 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos