New York News
Stolen $30,000 Torah recovered in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The New York City Police Department has located a stolen Torah worth $30,000.
Police say the Torah was inside a car reported stolen Saturday evening in the 66th Precinct in Brooklyn.
The car, a gray 2007 Toyota Corolla, was stolen near a synagogue in the 3700 block of 18th Avenue.
The car was located on Monday evening at Avenue I and East 10th Street. The Torah was recovered.
Police have not made any arrests at this time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos