New York News
Cops: Suspected meth lab only had bath salts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- No charges are being filed after police thought they came across a drug lab in Hell's Kitchen.
Firefighters went to a five story walk-up on West 54th Street after getting a call about an ammonia smell coming from an apartment.
Two floors were evacuated.
Police initially suspected it was a meth-producing operation, but now say they found legal bath salts.
The Department of Environmental Protection will run its own tests on the substance.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, drug, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos