New York News
Cops: Suspected meth lab only had bath salts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- No charges are being filed after police thought they came across a drug lab in Hell's Kitchen.
Firefighters went to a five story walk-up on West 54th Street after getting a call about an ammonia smell coming from an apartment.
Two floors were evacuated.
Police initially suspected it was a meth-producing operation, but now say they found legal bath salts.
The Department of Environmental Protection will run its own tests on the substance.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, drug, new york news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 39 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 53 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
2 min ago