New York News
Cops: Suspected meth lab only had bath salts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- No charges are being filed after police thought they came across a drug lab in Hell's Kitchen.
Firefighters went to a five story walk-up on West 54th Street after getting a call about an ammonia smell coming from an apartment.
Two floors were evacuated.
Police initially suspected it was a meth-producing operation, but now say they found legal bath salts.
The Department of Environmental Protection will run its own tests on the substance.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, drug, new york news
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- AccuWeather: Muggy
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 30 min ago
- Suffolk County man arrested for sex crimes against children 55 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means 28 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Car into Huntington Harbor, 1 dead, 1 rescued 32 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos