New York News
Cops: Suspected meth lab only had bath salts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- No charges are being filed after police thought they came across a drug lab in Hell's Kitchen.
Firefighters went to a five story walk-up on West 54th Street after getting a call about an ammonia smell coming from an apartment.
Two floors were evacuated.
Police initially suspected it was a meth-producing operation, but now say they found legal bath salts.
The Department of Environmental Protection will run its own tests on the substance.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, drug, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 13 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat 11 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 4 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Secret Service investigating Target data...
13 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
13 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos