New York News
UPDATE: Heat restored to family's Brooklyn apartment
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's an update on the family that was living without heat in East New York, Brooklyn.
Eyewitness News introduced you to them Tuesday night at 11.
There's good news: Heat and hot water have now been restored to their apartment building.
Gwendolyn Mack says her building in East New York hadn't had heat for months.
After Eyewitness News' report, the landlord took action.
Mack and her 9-year-old son Kevin had been keeping warm with a space heater, toaster oven, and stove.
Now, they are finally warm and out of the cold.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, cold weather, cold, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos