New York News
Man attending wake shot outside funeral home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man attending a wake for another man in Queens ended up shot Wednesday night.
Now, police are searching for the gunman.
The incident happened around 9:20 p.m. at the Elcock Funeral Home on Liberty Avenue in South Richmond Hill.
The shooter fled the scene.
There is no word on the 31-year-old victim's condition. He was reportedly attending a wake for friend Leroy Smith, who was killed in Pennsylvania last week.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, richmond hill, shooting, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos