New York News
Escaped murder suspect captured
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A murder suspect who escaped police custody in Brooklyn early Thursday has been captured.
Police say 24-year-old Brandon Santana was arrested again on Friday afternoon.
Santana was previously arrested in connection with a homicide investigation Wednesday night and was in the 78th Precinct in Park Slope when he fled the station around 2 a.m.
A police spokesman said Santana was in the process of being escorted by a police officer from a holding cell to a restroom when he knocked the officer down and ran. It was unclear if he was handcuffed at the time.
As a result, the officer suffered minor injuries and was treated at Methodist Hospital.
The arrest was in relation to the death of 22-year-old Alexander Santiago on August 1, 2010.
Details of his capture are not yet available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, park slope, new york news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos