New York News
Escaped murder suspect captured
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A murder suspect who escaped police custody in Brooklyn early Thursday has been captured.
Police say 24-year-old Brandon Santana was arrested again on Friday afternoon.
Santana was previously arrested in connection with a homicide investigation Wednesday night and was in the 78th Precinct in Park Slope when he fled the station around 2 a.m.
A police spokesman said Santana was in the process of being escorted by a police officer from a holding cell to a restroom when he knocked the officer down and ran. It was unclear if he was handcuffed at the time.
As a result, the officer suffered minor injuries and was treated at Methodist Hospital.
The arrest was in relation to the death of 22-year-old Alexander Santiago on August 1, 2010.
Details of his capture are not yet available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, park slope, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park