New York News
Escaped murder suspect captured
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A murder suspect who escaped police custody in Brooklyn early Thursday has been captured.
Police say 24-year-old Brandon Santana was arrested again on Friday afternoon.
Santana was previously arrested in connection with a homicide investigation Wednesday night and was in the 78th Precinct in Park Slope when he fled the station around 2 a.m.
A police spokesman said Santana was in the process of being escorted by a police officer from a holding cell to a restroom when he knocked the officer down and ran. It was unclear if he was handcuffed at the time.
As a result, the officer suffered minor injuries and was treated at Methodist Hospital.
The arrest was in relation to the death of 22-year-old Alexander Santiago on August 1, 2010.
Details of his capture are not yet available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, park slope, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 28 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act