New York News
Escaped murder suspect captured
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A murder suspect who escaped police custody in Brooklyn early Thursday has been captured.
Police say 24-year-old Brandon Santana was arrested again on Friday afternoon.
Santana was previously arrested in connection with a homicide investigation Wednesday night and was in the 78th Precinct in Park Slope when he fled the station around 2 a.m.
A police spokesman said Santana was in the process of being escorted by a police officer from a holding cell to a restroom when he knocked the officer down and ran. It was unclear if he was handcuffed at the time.
As a result, the officer suffered minor injuries and was treated at Methodist Hospital.
The arrest was in relation to the death of 22-year-old Alexander Santiago on August 1, 2010.
Details of his capture are not yet available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, park slope, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 35 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 23 min ago
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ 18 min ago
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger 14 min ago
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars 29 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 30 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos