New York News
NYPD: Young girl abducted and attacked in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old girl is recovering at home as police search for the man who attacked her in Brooklyn.
The incident happened around 8:30 a.m. Thursday on East 108th Street in Canarsie.
Police say the man grabbed the young girl and forced her into a building, then took her up seven flights of stairs and onto the building's roof.
There, police say he hit her in the head before running away.
One of the building's residents heard the girl's cries for help.
"She was like, 'Help, help, he's coming for me,'" Tina Moodie said. "She knocked here, then she knocked over here, and then she ran down the stairs. By the time we opened the door, she was gone."
Making a dash to safety, she ran back down to the seventh floor for help.
"It's just ridiculous that someone would do something like that," building resident April Freeman said. "Like so close right here, like right on the roof. It's sad. I wish I could have helped her."
Police describe the suspect only as a black male about 6-feet tall and wearing black jeans and a black sweatshirt.
"I would worry because I have a nephew who lives here," resident Shana Sibilly said. "I know people who have kids who live in this building. It's crazy. Really scary."
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child endangerment, brooklyn, new york news, tim fleischer
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 45 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos