New York News
NYPD: Young girl abducted and attacked in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old girl is recovering at home as police search for the man who attacked her in Brooklyn.
The incident happened around 8:30 a.m. Thursday on East 108th Street in Canarsie.
Police say the man grabbed the young girl and forced her into a building, then took her up seven flights of stairs and onto the building's roof.
There, police say he hit her in the head before running away.
One of the building's residents heard the girl's cries for help.
"She was like, 'Help, help, he's coming for me,'" Tina Moodie said. "She knocked here, then she knocked over here, and then she ran down the stairs. By the time we opened the door, she was gone."
Making a dash to safety, she ran back down to the seventh floor for help.
"It's just ridiculous that someone would do something like that," building resident April Freeman said. "Like so close right here, like right on the roof. It's sad. I wish I could have helped her."
Police describe the suspect only as a black male about 6-feet tall and wearing black jeans and a black sweatshirt.
"I would worry because I have a nephew who lives here," resident Shana Sibilly said. "I know people who have kids who live in this building. It's crazy. Really scary."
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child endangerment, brooklyn, new york news, tim fleischer
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos