New York News
NYPD: Young girl abducted and attacked in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 10-year old girl is recovering at home as police search for the man who attacked her in Brooklyn.
The incident happened around 8:30 a.m. Thursday on East 108th Street in Canarsie.
Police say the man grabbed the young girl and forced her into a building, then took her up seven flights of stairs and onto the building's roof.
There, police say he hit her in the head before running away.
One of the building's residents heard the girl's cries for help.
"She was like, 'Help, help, he's coming for me,'" Tina Moodie said. "She knocked here, then she knocked over here, and then she ran down the stairs. By the time we opened the door, she was gone."
Making a dash to safety, she ran back down to the seventh floor for help.
"It's just ridiculous that someone would do something like that," building resident April Freeman said. "Like so close right here, like right on the roof. It's sad. I wish I could have helped her."
Police describe the suspect only as a black male about 6-feet tall and wearing black jeans and a black sweatshirt.
"I would worry because I have a nephew who lives here," resident Shana Sibilly said. "I know people who have kids who live in this building. It's crazy. Really scary."
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child endangerment, brooklyn, new york news, tim fleischer
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash