New York News
Wireless glitch cause taxi credit card outage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A brutal glitch in credit card processing is adding up to big money lost for thousands of yellow cab drivers.
The glitch in the taxis' wireless communications devices developed Wednesday.
Operators worked to restore service to the cabs by late Thursday.
The problem kept customers in about half of the city's cabs from using their credit or debit cards to pay their fares.
Cabbies who rent their taxis by the day found themselves unable to earn any money that way.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, taxi, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 52 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos