New York News
Wireless glitch cause taxi credit card outage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A brutal glitch in credit card processing is adding up to big money lost for thousands of yellow cab drivers.
The glitch in the taxis' wireless communications devices developed Wednesday.
Operators worked to restore service to the cabs by late Thursday.
The problem kept customers in about half of the city's cabs from using their credit or debit cards to pay their fares.
Cabbies who rent their taxis by the day found themselves unable to earn any money that way.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, taxi, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 38 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 19 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 52 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
38 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
39 min ago