New York News
Reward upped to $22,000 in travel agent murder
PARK SLOPE (WABC) -- The reward has been increased to $22,000 for information leading to an arrest in the beating death of a Long Island travel agent in Brooklyn.
Jesus Morales, 67, was beaten to death during an apparent robbery in Park Slope earlier this month.
Morales left his office shortly after 7 p.m. on January 9 and was walking to his car just two blocks away when he was beaten, robbed and left to die.
One witness, who asked not to be identified, said the suspect was dressed entirely in black and wore a mask.
"We believe it to be a robbery, because the victim's wallet was taken and his watch was taken as well," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Morales was a fixture in Park Slope for 25 years, helping neighbors with everything from travel plans to tax returns.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island, merrick, brooklyn, park slope, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 31 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 29 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 28 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 29 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
29 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos