New York News
Reward upped to $22,000 in travel agent murder
PARK SLOPE (WABC) -- The reward has been increased to $22,000 for information leading to an arrest in the beating death of a Long Island travel agent in Brooklyn.
Jesus Morales, 67, was beaten to death during an apparent robbery in Park Slope earlier this month.
Morales left his office shortly after 7 p.m. on January 9 and was walking to his car just two blocks away when he was beaten, robbed and left to die.
One witness, who asked not to be identified, said the suspect was dressed entirely in black and wore a mask.
"We believe it to be a robbery, because the victim's wallet was taken and his watch was taken as well," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Morales was a fixture in Park Slope for 25 years, helping neighbors with everything from travel plans to tax returns.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island, merrick, brooklyn, park slope, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 5 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 26 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 48 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos