New York News
Former NYC mayor Koch released from hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch is back home after a weeklong stay in a hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch was admitted to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital last Saturday with fluid in his lungs and swollen ankles.
He had been originally set to be released Monday, but his doctors sent him home early on Saturday.
Koch says he was delighted to go home. He says he expects to be back in his office at the beginning of the week.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash