New York News
Former NYC mayor Koch released from hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch is back home after a weeklong stay in a hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch was admitted to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital last Saturday with fluid in his lungs and swollen ankles.
He had been originally set to be released Monday, but his doctors sent him home early on Saturday.
Koch says he was delighted to go home. He says he expects to be back in his office at the beginning of the week.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 32 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 47 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 50 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
50 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
32 min ago