New York News
Former NYC mayor Koch released from hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch is back home after a weeklong stay in a hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch was admitted to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital last Saturday with fluid in his lungs and swollen ankles.
He had been originally set to be released Monday, but his doctors sent him home early on Saturday.
Koch says he was delighted to go home. He says he expects to be back in his office at the beginning of the week.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 25 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- India demands apology for diplomat arrest in Manhattan 20 min ago
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban 15 min ago
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300