New York News
Woman's body found in Crown Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the cause of death of a woman found on a Brooklyn street.
Officers responded to a report of an unconscious woman on Union Street in Crown Heights at around 6:30 Friday morning.
The woman was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The woman, whose identity has not been released, was naked from the waist down.
People in the community are alarmed by the disturbing discovery.
Police say there is indication the woman may have been drinking.
The medical examiner is investigating the cause of death and whether she was sexually assaulted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, body found, new york news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 32 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 38 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams